All of us want to put our favourite pictures up on the wall. But for some it turns out to be awesome while for other it turns out to be a bit awkward. Follow these tips to the T and you will not only create an amazing space in your living room but you will also get to share all your beautiful memories with your guests.
1. If you are doing this for the first time – stick to the basics. Choose to go with a black and white theme. If your walls have been whitewashed hang picture frames that are black in color. Displaying a few of your favourite black and white pictures would be ideal too.
2. Think out of the box! If you don’t have an entire wall to display your collection then choose a corner that has two walls. Cohesively divide your photos across both the walls and to make it a focal point, place a table with some fresh flowers!
3. For all those individuals who want to go artsy, hanging old posters and movie tickets along with a few post card images will work wonders
4. Shades of pastels tend to attract the eye, so ensure your photo frames are painted in several playful pastel hues. They work best if they are placed against a white background
5. If your walls are painted with a brighter and airy shade, stick to creating a silhouette and chose white colour to do that. Place your photographs or inspirational slogans in a white frame and it will make your room more spacious and light
6. Going the vintage route will help you create an amazing focal gallery. Remove all the old flowery frames from the attic and create a vintage photo gallery. Remember to stick to oval or square shapes and try placing them against a rose or light pink wall
7. Frame less print walls too are fast becoming a fad. So if you are one of those who doesn’t want to hang photo frames, just stick them on the wall using some decorative washi tape
8. If you don’t want to go over the top and believe in keeping things simple, sticking postcards or photographs as it is works well
9. If you are one of those who loves to experiment, you could choose to go whimsical. You could cover you entire living room wall with several sized frames that are in different shapes and colours
10. If you want to create a livelier corner that catches the eye immediately then add pops of pink. Choose neon shades here and there and there you have your own lively gallery
11. Last but not the least try making it as cohesive as you can. Try matching the theme of the gallery with your living room upholstery
Nidhi C Thacker for IndiaProperty.com